Simply days after the discharge of the ultimate beta of iOS 14.6, and earlier than it’s launched to most of the people, Apple started beta testing iOS 14.7. A degree-seven launch ties iOS 14 with iOS 13 for probably the most level releases of any iOS model ever. Even that could be a little bit of a technicality, as iOS 13.7 was launched in September of 2020, many months after iOS 13.6, simply to get the brand new COVID-19 contact tracing know-how out to as many individuals as doable.
That stated, we’ve seen iOS releases in July earlier than, so the timing of this replace just isn’t notably uncommon. Related working programs—iPadOS 14.7, tvOS 14.7, and watchOS 7.6—have additionally been launched.
Up to date 07/21/21: Apple has launched iPadOS 14.7, two days after iOS 14.7. It has the identical adjustments as iOS 14.7, apart from iPhone-only options like MagSafe and Climate app adjustments.
In search of information on the subsequent main iOS replace? Try our iOS 15 superguide.
What’s new in iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7
This can be a pretty minor replace, however there are a handful of recent options. This launch provides help for the official Apple MagSafe Battery Pack, helps you to set credit score limits with a Apple Card Household shared account, helps you to modify HomePod timers within the House app, and extra. Listed here are the complete launch notes:
- MagSafe Battery Pack help for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Professional and iPhone 12 Professional Max
- Apple Card Household provides the choice to mix credit score limits and share one co-owned account with an present Apple Card person
- House app provides the power to handle timers on HomePod
- Air high quality data is now accessible in Climate and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library permits you to select to see all reveals or solely adopted reveals
- Share playlist menu possibility lacking in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback could unexpectedly cease
- Battery service message which will have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 fashions is restored
- Braille shows might present invalid data whereas composing Mail messages
The discharge notes for iPadOS 14.7 are equivalent, apart from MagSafe Battery Pack help (as iPads don’t have MagSafe) and Air High quality in Climate and Maps (as iPadOS doesn’t have a Climate app for some cause).
Each iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 characteristic a variety of safety enhancements, which Apple has detailed right here.
The best way to get iOS 14.7 or iPadOS 14.7
Updating your iPhone to iOS 14.7 (or iPad to iPadOS 14.7) is easy. Simply open the Settings app and faucet on Common after which Software program Updates to obtain the newest launch. It will possibly take up to a couple hours to turn out to be accessible in every single place across the globe, so don’t be alarmed if it’s not there straight away on July 19.
If it’s already greater than a day after launch and you continue to don’t see it, attempt powering your telephone down by holding the aspect button and quantity up button for just a few seconds, then sliding the “Slide to Energy off” management. After ready for a minute, press and maintain the aspect button for just a few seconds to show your iPhone or iPad again on, and verify for the replace once more.
I’ve written professionally about know-how for my total grownup skilled life – over 20 years. I like to determine how difficult know-how works and clarify it in a method anybody can perceive.