Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Must Know
In case you are planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this publish is for you. It’ll cowl the whole lot you should find out about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It’ll additionally cowl the associated fee, the place to remain, locations to go to and so on. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city known as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly known as the Seme Border.
Concerning the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is likely one of the many international locations that share a border with Nigeria. Different international locations that share a border with Nigeria embody Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously referred to as Dahomey. It was, nevertheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nevertheless, the most well-liked metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. Additionally it is the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It acquired its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is house to pristine seashores, strong tradition, wildlife, and exquisite vacationer sights.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve acquired a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can be for preserving information of vaccines required to go to different international locations. You possibly can solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you’ll have points with the Port well being on the border. If you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They are going to in all probability repair one other date for that. These are the 2 primary vaccines you should take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you in opposition to yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embody Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought of nationwide languages.
The official foreign money of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it’s also referred to as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
Get To the Republic of Benin Via Seme Border
In case you are on the lookout for stress-free entry. You will get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport corporations that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and so on. They are going to deal with the border protocols, the stamping and so on. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nevertheless, in case you are on a low funds or an adventurer like me, you may determine to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automobile to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the driving force you’ll cease on the border. Please notice they might scare you that stamping is tough, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the advanced. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask on your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine test by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you’re coming from, in case you are coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you may undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. In case you are coming from Oshodi, you might have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the driving force might attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you’re approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, it will grant you entry into the premises and typically it’s possible you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on responsibility. You possibly can transfer to the purpose the place you may stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you may be requested pay some cash. Nicely this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask on your yellow fever card, then the customs who will even attempt to test your baggage, then the NDLEA who will even test for medicine and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you’re clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin facet the place you’ll undergo one other test.
Suggestions If you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing it is best to do is to know the nation, their foreign money, change charges and so on. You also needs to know some primary legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, it is best to familiarise your self with among the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing it is best to do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there on account of CBN restrictions.
- Maintain Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you’ve got the transport that may take you from the border to your own home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare whenever you journey.
Please hold your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there until you roam them. Nevertheless, the community firm will excessively whenever you make and obtain calls. Subsequently it’s possible you’ll have to get a Benin SIM card. I’ll recommend both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you can load it up and activate web connections, it will prevent a number of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a special sort of socket totally different from those we now have right here. It’s essential to get a common adapter that may permit you to plug in your gadget. This is essential, it could be tough getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This may assist you to with the language barrier. If you’re going to take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you might also inform the driving force that can assist you out.
- Be taught primary Vocabulary: You need to be taught primary vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And so forth
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Avenue Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover whenever you go to Benin is the presence of road meals distributors in all places. Avenue meals is fashionable right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has change into one of many main vacationer sights in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Competition: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, it is best to attend considered one of its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seashore: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with totally different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seaside sand and the beauties of its stunning seashores.
The Value of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (depends upon the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Will depend on whether or not you utilize a bus, automobile or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a couple of,500) depends upon your negotiation energy and in case you are utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Complete – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Inns In Benin Republic
Inns are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a regular resort in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per night time to fifteen,000. Although there are dearer ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per night time.
Inns in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Sights in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer sights in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Highway
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seashore
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the foremost freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the foremost highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve primary facilities like good roads, road mild, water and so on.
Growth: By way of growth, Nigeria is much extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main building across the metropolis.
Knowledge: Web Knowledge is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Highway indicators: There are highway indicators on each road, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is simply too sane that I used to be nearly freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the newest vehicles round.
Transportation: Many of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many fashionable technique of transportation on this nation. Additionally it is quite common to see girls driving bikes.